Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why am I here?



Have you ever wondered why we are here on this earth? Have you ever wondered what purpose humanity has? Have you ever wondered why evil people were ever even created?
I do and I have been. I often wonder why and how God orchestrates the earth. I know that ultimately He is in control, but I also know that we have the freedom to make our own choices, whether they be good or bad.
How does it all work?

I definately cannot say that I have the answers to these questions, but I have found some interesting and enlightening verses that I would like to share with all of you...

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Romans 11:36
For of Him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory forever. Amen.

So these verses are obviously stating that we are here on this earth for God. He has created ALL things for Himself, to bring glory to His name.
So where does that leave me? If God created me for Himself, then what should my life look like?

Romans 9:14-24
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.
17 For the Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, why doth he yet find fault? for who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, oh man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction.
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

I believe that these verses are saying that God had pre-destined us all. He has already got it all planned whether we are going to be good people or bad people. And it is all for HIS glory.
Does that mean that we are supposed to be mindless robots, saying that we'll just "ride the tide", because God's got it all figured out? NO, we still have to work for God. We were still created to work out our salvation and live our lives to bring glory to God's name.

Acts 17:27-28
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from everyone of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your poets have said, For we are also His offspring.

We still have that choice... and obviously if we make the wrong choices, we will have to suffer the consequences...

Romans1:21-25
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more then the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

What do I glean from all of this?
I've learned that God created me for Himself. I'm not here on this earth for my own pleasure, nor am I here to make a name for myself.
But rather I'm here, at this time and in this place to bring glory to the awsome name of GOD, I consider it an honor.
My Heavenly Father has chosen me to be in His family. God, the creator of all that we see has chosen ME.
I'm purposing to keep that in mind as I go about my day, as well as the days to come. And when I come to times in my life where I could choose to bring glory to myself, or to bring glory to God's name, I'll just remember what an incredable privilage it is to be who I am. He caused me to realize that I was in need of a Saviour...and for that I am eternally indebted.

Why am I here?
I'm here...for God.

No comments: