Friday, January 7, 2011

Home Alone!

Well... home alone with my eleven siblings :)
Dad's birthday is tomorrow, so he and mom took off (with our greatest blessing! :) and are going to be gone for 4 or 5 days.
This is the first time that they have left all 11 of us at home (for any number of days) since Jaden was born... so naturally we are all excited... we have a ball when mom and dad are gone.

Now don't get me wrong. It's not like we don't miss mom and dad... and it's not like we are not OVERJOYED when they get back. But when they are gone we have some good natured partying going on here! :)

What do we do... oh, let me tell you!

- Play music loudly... not to loud, just loud enough, ya know... to loud for mom and dad, but not loud enough to bust the speakers. Happy medium. :)
- Try new recipes, make lots of food and eat lots of stuff that we don't normally eat (like apple fritters (also known as new years cookies), homemade chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, brownies, jam jams and oodles of other stuff).
- Stay up late and sleep in (well, we can only do that when there are no babies that wake up early... this time it will be a no-no, Jaden usually wakes up at 7 or 7:30)
- Going off schedule. Though it is not something that we do wildly...we still keep the kids well fed and the house clean :)
- Skyping with the Munck girls (one of our most favorite parts!), it's not like we can't Skype them when mom and dad are here... it's just that we are usually to busy doing other fun stuff with the fam. when they are here (hey, don't tell me that I can't call work fun :)!
- Meg, Ker and I have LOTS of fun being crazy, telling secrets and laughing our heads off :)
- We invite Josh and Rebecca over for brunch and sit and talk for hours and hours... just like old times.
- And of course we still play lots of hockey!

So ya, for the next couple of days we are on our own... and I'm in charge (It's just a privilege that comes with being the oldest one at home, and don't worry... I don't take it that seriously :)

Oh, Mom and Dad, if you read this... hope that you have an AMAZING time! We LOVE you muches!!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

LOL! I laughed so hard when I read this.
Though I can definitely relate to the cooking part.
Ya'll have fun! but I know you will. lol!

The Rowley Family said...

too funny! hope you have a great time together!

Anonymous said...

We so need to skype!

The girls and I are going to try to skype you right now!

Hope everyone is doing good! Give that little birthday boy a kiss and a hug from his sister k!

Love you lots, Lizzy