Monday, March 28, 2011

Changing my heart

You know alot of times the biggest problem with people is that they tend to look at the faults of others instead of looking at their own faults.
How many times have you heard people say, it's not me that needs to be changed, it's him/her!
How many times have you said in your own heart ...
"I'm right, it's not my fault....doesn't he/she see how awful he/she is being.... the argument wasn't my fault, if she/he hadn't been so silly about the whole thing it wouldn't have started! Besides, I was right anyway"
I know that those thoughts have come from deep within myself MANY times, way to many. I'm slowly starting to realize who I'm responsible for.
Think about it.
Are you responsible for everyone else's attitude or your own?
I'm realizing more and more that it doesn't matter how terrible the other person is being (whoever that may be), the Lord says that I'm supposed to be responsible for my response, my actions and my thoughts.
Even if we are being falsely accused or judged, if we respond in an ugly way... we are being as terrible as the person who is accusing or judging.

1Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

You would be surprised how it works to your advantage.
Arguments cease, friendships are restored and relationships are improved
Trust me, I've tried it. 
And you can't really argue with God's word can you?
Even if things don't work out, you can know... that you made God proud
And that is really all that matters.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, tell me about it...that is soooo true. I honestly wish I had been waaaay more careful to follow this in the last few years. So many times I've thought I was justified, only to find out later that I wasn't. So thanks for the reminder :) I love you...
Alicia

Alicia said...

I got your letter today, and realized just how appropriate this is. Thanks for posting it, and thanks for the letter. I will be writing back!

Jenny's writings said...

You are SO welcome Alicia!
Love you!

The Rowley Family said...

Hey jen, thanks for you comments on our blog and sending love out our way! We miss all you guys too and wish we could bring some of our family over to experience what we experience and see what we see. So many times I wonder what you would write about a strange experience here or how Megan would frame a shot or what Mark would have totally new insight on, or what Rosalie would do about that hard up child... Maybe someday, someone will come eh?
take care.
love and hugs to your whole family.
Uncle Jeremy

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hello Jenny!
That was a wonderful, wisdom filled post!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It is always a joy to hear from you.

M.E.

Anonymous said...

Really great, thanks for sharing that. I might talk about that in my devotions at school, thanks.
Janae