Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Busy times.

The days are getting away from me!
And all of them have been REALLY busy.
Since I last posted we have had 6 normal birthed calves, 1 born breech, 1 stillborn, and just today had 1 surviving twin (the other was suspected to have been in the birth canal to long and was probably still born as well). Having 2 sets of twins is REALLY rare for us. Last time we had twins was 4 or 5 years ago! We also rarely have this many problems with calving, being an animal lover.. it is hard to watch. But I know that God has a plan and a purpose for EVERYTHING that happens in life, so I'll just keep trusting in Him.

We also had Calfy (our milk cow) freshen. Joshua bought Calfy as a calf around 10 years ago. She is a Holisein/Hereford cross. We have milked her on and off ever since we have gotten her but the last time we milked her was like 4 or 5 years ago. So everything was new to her, and me as I'm really used to Jerseys. Usually we have a calf to bottle feed when a milk cow comes in, but this time we were able to give Calfy's calf to Nitro (the cow that had the stillborn calf).

Apart from being busy with cows and calving, we celebrated Nathan and Mikaya's 7th and 4th birthdays. I was busy making cakes for them and my Grandparents on my Dad's side as we also celebrated their 47th Anniversary!
In between all that we have been hauling cattle and grain!

So ya, tons of busy, not alot of computer time :)
For now I'll spare you all the names and pictures of the new cows/calves. But if any of you would like to see them all... I would be glad to, just say the word!

I'll try to do a birthday post for Nate and Mikaya tomorrow... but right now I need to go and check on the new calf.
Ta, ta!

1 comment:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

The farm and your family are very to have you girl! You are a hard worker and you do a great job! Keep it up!!