Monday, October 10, 2011

Memories Monday Part 3 (years 4, 5 and 6)

These are the years that the pictures begin to only appear around birthdays and special occasions and such. You don't blame mum do ya??? She must have been kept hopping with all 4 of us crazy kiddoes :)

For my 4th birthday I got a dolly named Jessica. She was my favourite doll for MANY years.


Our dog "Heidi" had puppies.... oh the joys!!!


My 5th birthday party


These were the beginning of the crazy fun years that I had playing with my sisters. We mostly played "house" together with our dolls. What FUN! :)


I got a letter from my daddy on my birthday. I remember being SO tickled that my daddy would take the time to write me those sweet words.... I still have that paper...


Here Josh and I were practicing for a play that we were doing. I think it was about being to busy working to be spending time with God.


Mom and a good friend of her's made these dresses for me and a friend. Mikaya now wears my dress....


My 6th birthday party


I got THEE best present from my brother for my birthday.... a PUPPY!!! We named her Shadow and she was our amazing dog for many years.


Josh and I were playing "follow the leader" one day out in the snow. He decided to go up the tree...  then jump down. When I tried to follow, I jumped... but unfortunately didn't hit the ground :( I WAS STUCK!! My big brother was SO kind and considerate.... he promptly left me hanging and ran inside to get mom to take a picture!!! Some big brother!!! (that I love to bits!!! :)



For Christmas of 1997 I got a diary! My first few entree's were as follows.... have fun trying to read them :) (don't you remember always getting those b's and d's mixed up.... oh the trials!!)

December 24 1997
Yesterday we hab lots OV fan.
We took picRters
we opned presins.
KerrI, Megan and me got a big KItchin set, and I got things to make braslits thats all I hav to saeid

December 24 1997
today day we habd lots of fun.
we opended pesints we played with toys, the adults played games. 
I derinck cream soda. thas all I have to say.

Apparently keeping a diary at 6 years old wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, because it was a year before I wrote it in again.... I'll have more next time :)

Meanwhile.... I hope that you all (all my Canadian readers that is....) have an AMAZING Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures, you guys are so adorable. I have a couple of entries like that in my diary; unfortunately I am still not good at keeping a diary! The last picture made me laugh so hard.
Jordie

Kait said...

I can't believe I have known you since you were four. All these pictures, and the diary entries, are SO MUCH CUTE. Sweet little Shadow. :')

Anonymous said...

These are my favorite posts!!!
I love getting to see pictures and read stories of when you were little:)

Haha I am sure you enjoyed that tree advednture!

Love, Lizzy