Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hey girls...

Have you ever been afraid that all the effort that you put into keeping pure emotionally and waiting for God to bring you your future spouse will be in vain?
I know personally speaking there has been times when trust turns to doubt. I wonder if the day will ever come when my prince charming will come waltzing into my life, or if it is just a beautiful dream that will never come true.
God has brought me through a season of learning this past little while. There were so many doubts that I had to address and put to rest. It has been hard, but through it all He has confirmed for me that He is in control of my life and I can fully put my trust in Him.

I have been working on compiling this post for a while in my brain, trying to figure out the best way to write it ect.
I've decided to list some fears and doubts that a young woman could have as they are waiting for God to bring their "special someone" along.
Some of these questions have been my own, and some are ones that I have heard from others. I didn't come up with any answers on my own, like I said... God has been teaching me SO much!


Question:
What if my standards are to high and there just is no guy out there that fits the bill?

Answer:
Who gave you these standards? Do you believe that they came from God? If God has a husband out there for you, He is going to make sure that He will be the right person! You will NEVER have to settle for second best.
If God is the one that gives us our convictions... is He not big enough to give the same convictions to your future husband?
God is the same yesterday, today and FOREVER! If He can raise the dead and heal the sick... than it is a small thing for Him to make a perfect match for you!

Question:
What if I miss him because I'm not getting out into the world often enough? (ie. college, social activities ect.)

Answer:
If God has a husband picked for you, there will be NO-ONE that will be able to stop you from meeting him. God is not short on resources!! Nothing is impossible for Him! He will lead you and your future husband to the right places at the right times, so that you will be able to meet each other.
I have heard of girls that feel like they need to go to college because that is where their parents met, they feel like they need to get out there to "find" their husband. That is like trying to make a miracle happen! GOD IS BIGGER THAN THAT!

Question:
What if there is no guy out there that will think I have an attractive personality?

Answer:
God made you to be EXACTLY who you are. And He doesn't make mistakes!
If God has a husband planned in your future... He is going to make one that likes YOU! He will take care of all the details!

Question:
What if there is someone right there in front of my face, but I miss him because I'm to reserved or shy?

Answer:
Always, always remember that God cannot be stopped by SMALL issues such as this!
You don't need to be pursuing anyone, that is the guy's job... not yours.
Your focus right now should be to grow in God and prepare yourself for the day that your heart is claimed. And you can't be doing that if you are constantly worrying about how you can make that guy notice you or this guy look your way.

Trust in God
I have learned over and over that if I don't trust God with my future, then I become obsessed with worry. 
Time and time again God has shown me just how big He is! I KNOW that He is big enough for me! And I pray that you will be convinced that He is big enough for you too.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey Jen!!
I really like this post, you are so right. I'm SO, so sorry that I haven't really kept in touch at all the past few months. I really want to, honest! I'll be home for Christmas on Thursday, and we DEFINITELY need to get together. Hair cutting party, maybe??? :) I love you and miss you lots. Forgive me?
Alicia

Breathe deep said...

Hey Alicia,
I'll start by saying that I've been missing you and thinking about you lots!
Yes, a hair cutting party would be awesome :) I'm looking forward to it already!
Of course I forgive you!
Love you!
Jen

Rebekah said...

Someone told me not to focus so much on what I wanted in a guy but to focus on building my character. For example a good godly girl is not going to attract a worldly guy vis versa. If you are in Gods will doing what you know is right the right guy will come along.
:)
I like this post- I think it's something every girl struggles with no matter what age they might be fearful of what the future brings.

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

Very well put Miss Jen, you are being a wonderful example to many girls and we are so proud of you!
You a special girl!

Sharon said...

Jen-
It really comes down to trust; trust in the Almighty, Loving God. Thank you for sharing this good post.

Yvonne said...

This was an incredibly encouraging post, as I am struggling with the same issue right now!
Thanks again, and God bless you and your family!
Yvonne

your future brother-in-law said...

Even as a guy I can relate to everything your writing. I didn't grow up with parents to guard my heart and lead me. So my journey has been one of many disappointments thinking that I can't just sit around waiting for my princess to make her self know to me. I set lines for myself and i had my convictions, and I went beyond them thinking that my standards were too high and the type of girl I was looking for was did not exist. I would like to share with you that even if you move your convictions and seek out someone on your own you will always come out of it disappointed. The best advice I could give you and anyone else looking for a godly mate is just to have patience. this is not a simple task I know, but God is concerned with our impatience. You have to sit back and tell your self that there are 6 billion plus people on this planet and one of those people out there is praying the same thing you are and one day in Gods timing he will cross your paths. Trust me you'll know when it's right he'll confirm it so many times your head will spin, as long as you keep him your focus.
Till that time comes here's a song that I would come across every time I would get lonely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C862VpX3cY