Monday, January 30, 2012

From the mouth of my (soon to be) big brother....



Big brothers are one of my most favourite things.... so you can imagine what a HUGE excitement it is for me to be getting another one!!! Henry is already such an amazing big brother, and someone that I look up to a lot. 
Little did we know that God's blessing to Megan would become such a HUGE blessing to our whole family.

Anyway, this is a comment that he left today on my post "Hey girls". It was such a HUGE encouragement to me that I thought I'd share it with you all in hopes that it will be the same for you.

Even as a guy I can relate to everything your writing. 
I didn't grow up with parents to guard my heart and lead me. So my journey has been one of many disappointments thinking that I can't just sit around waiting for my princess to make her self known to me. 
I set lines for myself and I had my convictions, and I went beyond them thinking that my standards were too high and the type of girl I was looking for did not exist.
I would like to share with you that even if you move your convictions and seek out someone on your own you will always come out of it disappointed. 
The best advice I could give you and anyone else looking for a godly mate is just to have patience. This is not a simple task I know, but God is concerned with our impatience.
You have to sit back and tell yourself that there are 6 billion plus people on this planet. One of those people out there is praying the same thing you are and one day, in God's timing he will cross your paths.
Trust me... you'll know when it's right, He'll confirm it so many times that your head will spin! As long as you keep Him as your focus.
Till that time comes, here is a song that I would come across every time I would get lonely.... 


See... what'd I tell ya. I'm soon getting myself a good big brother eh? :)


Coming soon.... Pictures and stories from the Munck's visit.

2 comments:

Savories of life said...

wonderful news . On Fridays on my blog for all the month of Feburary I will post wedding pictures so come over!

Anonymous said...

What a testimony he and Meg share!!!

Love you...and miss you!!!

Liz