Monday, January 16, 2012

The "something exciting" that will change our families life forever is.....


MY LITTLE SISTER IS ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!
SEE... I told you it was very exciting :)

Megan and Henry began courting in the middle of December. When it first happened it was so hard to comprehend it all. The first few days were filled with mixed emotions of happiness and sadness. Happiness because my little sister's dreams have come true... and sadness because of the realization that one of my best friends was going to be moving out!
The first time that Henry came to visit Meg reality really began to sink in. This was really happening.
Knowing that our life will never be the same again is hard, the way our family works and operates is all going to change. Change seems to always be a bittersweet thing, but it's not at all a bad thing!

Christmas was amazing. It was during this time that Henry (aka "Fritzy" (the nickname we gave him :)) really became a part of our family. And it was also during this time that most of the sadness drifted away, and this "Prince Charming" became more then just someone that was sweeping Megan off of her feet... he became a big brother.
It was like he had been in our family forever.
Since then it has been all been a blast! Sure I still have a twinge of sadness when I think about how Meg is soon no longer going to be a constant member of our household, but the knowledge that she is about to be one of the happiest girls alive... and the fact that I am soon to have another big brother makes up for it all :)

I'll leave you with a few pictures from Christmas eve and Christmas Day. There are not very many since our photographer was somewhat "ahem" distracted :)
I promise I'm back to blogging regularily again!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again to Megan and Henry! Thanks for the pictures Jen. He really fits in to the Family! I love you girl:)

Amanda

Anonymous said...

With us three girls being so close, I can imagine how you feel about one of your closest friends getting married and not being around twenty-four-seven.
You are so strong in God and I know that He takes great joy in your faith. When I read this news I was so happy for Megan and all of you. I am encouraged when I read your blogs. God Bless.
Jordie

Shelby said...

Congratulations, Megan!!!!

Kait said...

Oh wow hahaha. Wasn't expecting that. :P Well I don't really know what I was expecting. But that's awesome. :) Congratulations to Megan.

Godly-young-widow said...

I did wonder if it would be an engagement......Wow; I get your mixed feelings.....and wonder if there's more of that to come. Congrats to Megan and Henry. Has a wedding date been set yet?

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

How exciting!:)
Congratulations Megan!