Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I asked them to write a poem.....

My one student was excited, 
  and began right away.
He was writing and rhyming,
  the whole entire day.

The Tower of Babel
One sunny day,
  I happened to say;
Let's make a tower,
  that has lots of power.

Then I said,
  with my face red;
Is God sad,
  or is He mad?

I didn't care,
for my thoughts were bare.
I was glad,
Why would God be mad?

I talked to my buddy,
but he talked funny.
Then we stopped,
our excitement dropped.

That same day,
We all went away.

My other student said see-ya!
This is a bad idea!
He sat for a long time,
without one single rhyme.

After a while he was told,
the poem didn't have to fit into a rhyming mold.
Then a few days later,
this is what was on his paper.

The Tower of Babel
O tower of babel,
O tower of babel.
Thy power was seen.
The people who built thee,
Whose thoughts were so evil.
So God liked it not,
and confused their talk.
They divided into nations,
and made their generations.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go boys! Jen you are a great teacher!! Love you<3 to much!
Bekah

Kaitlin said...

Hahaha. Those are so amazingly awesome. XD I love this post. :D

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

They did a super job!

Keep up the great teaching, Jen!