Monday, November 26, 2012

(Installment 4) Dear Mom and Dad,

This morning we got a late start to our day. I think everyone was suffering from "party crash". But everyone is glad to have gotten back into our daily routine.
The house feels so empty without Micks and Joey!!! It makes you realize how each member of the family makes up the family. When one or two (or four :) are missing, It just isn't the same!!!
We all miss them already.....

We did school with the kiddoes this morning. Afterwards we had a relaxing day.
Becks came over for lunch as Josh gone hauling grain. We chatted and played "Chatterbox" :) After that Ker and I played "Phase 10" while the kids played Wii.
I went for a run and guess what!?!?!? I ran 13.1 miles!!!!! EEEEEK!!! :)

Kerri is sad because her juice is gone. (lol) We were listening to "songza", Brit Nicole came on and I turned to ker and said "I like Brit Nicole" and without skipping a beat ker said "I love my juice" all the while holding her empty container of juice :) (lol) you had to have been there!!!

Elijah was extra happy after he got up from his afternoon nap today. He kept working on crawling all day, just little bits here and there.

Your Christmas cactus is REALLY pretty! I'm hoping that it will hold on to it's blossoms in time for you to see it!

It was an odd feeling when you texted us and told us you had arrived at the Muncks. Imagining what you were doing at that moment..... wishing we were with you, yet REALLY excited that you were there!!! Make sure that you enjoy being with them EXTRA lots for us :)

Well, my cows will be upset at me if I spend any more time working on this post.
The kids had LOTS to say today!!


Caleb says:
Hello! I hope you had a good day. The chickens are doing fantastically, incredibly good! I haven't been able to fly my helicopter because the tractor, semi, and F-150 are in the way. I helped Josh vac the bins into the semi. I went to the next level in "need for speed" on career 3.
Hope you are having fun at the Muncks! Say "hi" to Madison for me! Love you and wish you a good rest of the week. Feliz Navidad!

Zachary says:
Did you bring James' gift for me?
Today we didn't do Ancient History for school because Caleb had to go help Josh.
We had bread for lunch. The girls had hamburgers and onion rings.
We went outside for a little bit. We tried to play fox and goose but we didn't have enough people. We found a few tunnels in the bales and then we thought about making secret hideouts there. We then pretended that we were capturing people, and we made a little fort to pretend that it was their jail. We had just finished making the jail and then we went inside. We played Wii.
Jen then went out running for 2 hours and 10 minutes so she couldn't make supper. Caleb made tomato soup... and it was delicious! Say "hi" to James for me! I love you!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Love Zach

Jesse says: Are you having fun? Please tell Stephen "hi" for me. No, I did not shovel off the cement.
It made me feel weird when Jen told me that you said you saw someone tilling! We did 1/2 of our school today, we didn't do reading because we didn't have enough time and we couldn't do science because you are gone, and Ker said that we would do iPad in the afternoon but we didn't.
We (all of us kids) made a little hut out of wood. Our waters were frozen this morning because we forgot to bring them in last night, they thawed out in 4 hours. It snowed some more today.
I miss you very much, and I can't wait until you come home! Have fun with the Muncks!

Nathan says: Yup we have been following you on the map, I colored in Iowa. Jesse got the most eggs last week... And speaking of eggs we got 29 today. Make sure you don't have any bed bugs! Say "hi" to William for me! Love you and I hope you have fun! Love Nate.

Brooke says: Yes I do miss Mikaya. No, it is not cold outside. We had fun today and we went outside once again. I won Caleb on "need for speed" today!! I hope you are having fun!

(From the house of Henry and Megan)

Mikaya says:
I hope you are having a fun day. Be safe. I hope you are having a good day. We went shopping. I won't forget about your kisses.

Josiah says:
I hope you are still alive.


















1 comment:

The Pauls' Family said...

Dear family,

Sorry this is late. I am only reading this morning!! You know how adults talk and talk and talk...that's what we did last night :)

Mondays seem to be like that...late starts!!! Sorry you miss Kaya and Joey, but glad at the same time...means you love them :)

Thanks for doing school!! What a blessing you girls are! We love you lots!!! Yeah Jen for running 13.1 miles!! Way to go!

Kerri, you crack me up!!! It takes such little things in life to please you :) I'm sorry but I can't get you more juice :( I hope you find a way to make it through this challenging moment :)

Eli....you funny little guy! I thought you would never crawl but instead slither on your belly!!!! I can't wait to see your new accomplishment!!!

I love the picture of the christmas cactus...enjoy it for me...K??? I am enjoying green grass here and saw some flowers too....so don't feel too sorry for me :)

I know, it is strange to be here without all of you :( But we gave out all the hugs and hellos to them from you. Jen, Liz's gift came just as we drove in the driveway...the ups truck was delivering it as we arrived!!! I thought that was too funny!!!

We went to see the Munck's new farm yesterday. Wow, it's really nice! You boys are going to have a grand time the next time we visit!!!! And their little yellow house is so cute...you girls will love it!

Caleb:
Oh well, you will have lots of time to fly your helicopter this winter :) Glad the chickens are doing well....thank you for making sure they are well taken care of! Good job on helping your big brother...he is blessed to have you around to help him. I will say hi to Madison. Love you too....have a great week!

Zachary:
I haven't given James his gift yet. Maybe today. Sounds like you had a good day! Have you been playing with your lego lots? Those bales are so much fun!! and cozy :) Glad you enjoyed the soup :) I will say hi to James. Love you too....xox!!!

Jesse:

I will say hi to Stephen! It was weird to see someone tilling! It is really warm here and it still feels like our fall....or even summer. A hut out of wood? Wow!!! Where is it? Oh dear, guess you have to remember to take those waterers in eh? Glad you got them unthawed! I miss you too...have a great day! Congrats on getting the most eggs :)

Nathan:
Glad you could follow us on the map. I haven't seen any bed bugs yet so I think we are ok!!! I will say hi to William. 29 eggs??? That's great! Did you get the eggs to all of your customers this week? Love you too :)

Brooke:
You will appreciate Mikaya so much more when she comes home :) Wow, you're a real tough canadian if you think its not cold :) Glad you are having fun...we are too :) Love you.

Mikaya:
How does it feel to be at Henry and Megan's? Is Megan putting you to work? Shopping sounds fun! Take good care of Joey! I love you....save up your kisses :)

Joey:
We are still alive :) We love you...be good for Henry and Megan!

ALright, I need to go. We are going out to do some shopping and other things today. Love to you all....hope your day is wonderful :)

Remember Who is in charge....
Love mom