Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Writings on the Eve of a New Year

Another year's end.
For two thousand, thirteen years now people have had this day to reflect on what the previous three hundred sixty four days have brought into their lives.
And I join them in that reflection along with thoughts, dreams, hopes and yes… resolutions for the upcoming year.

I looked back at what I wrote on this blog the beginning of this year. I wrote how I wanted to become more passionate for life, living and for what I believe. I did attain some of that passion, in some areas so much that it terrified me. But there is still so much out there yet to be had. And I know that I'll be looking for more in this coming year.
Tomorrow I'll be posting some new goals/resolutions that I have set for the new year.

Currently the clock is ticking down to the end of two thousand thirteen, and I'm reflecting on this year's events.
A few things that are standing out as my most favorite are:
My nephew Brendan being born.
(Eeeee!!! I love babies, especially when the baby is my lil' Nephew!)
Church camping trip.
(some favorite moments spent with some of my very favorite people!)
Running the half-marathon.
(I love running. Nuff said.)
Trip to the United States of America with the fam.
(reunited with old friends, meeting new friends.... and my first visit to the ocean!)

And that's it! The clock reads 12:00. A new year has dawned.
It is officially 2014!
And I'll leave the rest of what I want to say for later on this morning :)
Happy new year everyone!!!

1 comment:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

Happy New Year Jen!! Love you!