Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Today I did the happy dance....

Those were the words that my mom spoke to me this morning. And I immediately knew what that meant. 
This amazing mother of thirteen has reached her goal weight.
She has lost a total of 40 pounds!
I knew that she would never brag on herself, probably wouldn't have even mentioned it to anyone but us (her family) but I also know that she deserves more then that. So I have taken it upon myself to give her some recognition for all that she has accomplished since March of last year.

Mom has worked SO incredibly hard. 
She had every excuse to say "I can't", but chose instead to say "I can". 
She pushed through the daily toil of mothering a multitude, the distractions and unsettled routine of being a farmer's wife, the stress that homeschooling children can bring, the emotions of giving a daughter away in marriage, the pregnancy and birth of her thirteen child, the discouragement of the dreaded plateau, and the pain and sorrow of loosing a child to miscarriage.
She had worked through it.
Now she is reaping her rewards in full. 
It is not uncommon for her to be mistaken for her daughter's sisters, and she has lately told tales of people barely recognizing her. (which really isn't hard to believe considering she is smaller then her pre-marriage weight). 
I know all of our family members beam with pride each time we hear her being complimented as she runs into people she hasn't seen in a while.
I'm proud of her.
She is an inspiration to me, and I know that she is an inspiration to many others. 



(Before)



(After)

Congratulations Mom!!!
You did it!!!


5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! What an inspiration! You look wonderful Rosalie!!

Stacey said...

Congrats, Rosalie! That's an amazing accomplishment. So now we all want to know... How did you do it?

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOM!!!! So very proud of you, you are a wonderful example to so many people and a very determined lady! :) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

The before and after are both lovely. You GO Rosalie

Anonymous said...

Woah. She looks incredible! She looks so much like Megan all of the sudden it is almost scary! She could pass as your sister! Good for her!