Wednesday, June 28, 2017

No Longer Cranky

Today was just one of those days where everything is annoying. Ever had one of those days?
I was even getting on my nerves.

It was cleaning day... well, everyday is cleaning day around here. But today was CLEANING day (if ya get my meaning). Sometimes I get a bit cranky on those days. Cleaning up after teenagers can do that to you. ;)

Anyway, I was in the middle of getting upset about cleaning up this kid's jacket that was callously thrown on the ground, and that kid's empty chocolate milk cup that had been overturned and spilled on the floor when I walk into the next room and see that my 10 year old sister had cleaned the kitchen without being asked.
I was a little less cranky after that.

Then later after supper as I tidied the cards that were left out after being played with, and scrubbed the gum off of the floor, I looked over and saw that my 13 year old brother had cleaned up the supper, emptied the dishwasher, and washed and dried the dishes... also without being asked.
The cranky was disappearing fast.

Then I opened my phone and saw on Instagram that a christian electric guitar player had lost his wife a few hours after she gave birth to their daughter.
My day then looked a hundred times brighter.

It taught me again that all of the mess is a good thing. Having people, healthy kids, adults, teenagers, in my life that mess up the house and make noise, and leave the toilet seat up... it is a good thing. Because in an instant it could be traded for the emptiness of a life lost.

All of this to say that, HI, (insert waving hand emoji) I'm not cranky anymore. I'm thankful.