Friday, November 3, 2017

Day 1 - Goodbyes and the Drive to Sioux City

It is past midnight right now. So I guess technically it is not still the first day of our vacation, rather the second. Who is counting? Me, I'm counting. I left someone very special behind, so although I am planning on having a whole lot of fun with the fam jam, the countdown began the moment we said "Goodbye".

Speaking of goodbyes, that was hard. Ben was SO sweet to leave me with his hoodie that I have been randomly and often smelling (I have a thing for smells, and now especially things that smell like Reuben), and he also bought me a teddy bear that I have been unashamedly clinging to the whole entire day... so that helped a tiny bitsy. I know, he is the sweetest!


Anyway.
We were on the road at 9:30 a.m. ish. We had to make some stops in Winkler for a few things... so the trip officially began at around 12:30 p.m.
We drove 9 1/2 hours before finally reaching Sioux City. I say finally because we had to take it slow due to traveling through a snowstorm, and battling winds. Poor dad was so done driving the rig by the end of the day, I wouldn't want to trade places with him!

So ya, albeit a tad stressful, it was still a good first day. And we still had a good time.













Now it is time for me to snuggle under blankets, and get some sleep.
The journey south resumes tomorrow, er today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honest question, How do you guys all sleep in there?

Jennifer said...

Honest answer, we pull a trailer behind the RV that has a bunk in it that sleeps four. There are two couches that fold into beds, as well as a table that folds into a bed, a bunk, and another bed in the back. We sleep two of the little kids on the floor, and double up on the pull out couches. It works for us!