Thursday, November 9, 2017

Day 7 - Seashell Treasures

It was an overcast/gloomy morning. 
The cloud cover added with the wind off the Gulf, made the weather a tiny bit coldish. I say a tiny bit because back at home we are breaking cold records for this time of the year... so I'm not complaining!! 
It felt like fall weather, which I actually love. 

We took a walk on the beach, I met up with the family as they were on their way back from their sea shell picking adventure. Some of us went to a grocery store across the street from the beach, while Bob and I took Jaden and Eli on a detour back to the campground.









Jaden proudly showing the deceased sting ray that the family had found...



Sorry if this is gross to you, I found it fascinating. Never seen a sting ray up this close!
  

Flowers, flowers everywhere!
These ones were wild, growing atop a sand dune.







When the kiddos got back they began sorting through their seashell treasures.






 Mom and Dad had to take the RV in the afternoon to look for a new freezer as ours had broken down. Ker and I took the kiddos to the park while the boys played basketball.









And that was basically the day!
We were happy to see the sunshine finally poke through the clouds this afternoon! And to be able to work on that tan (Right Ben?!? ;).
Right now everyone is huddled in the campground watching movies and relaxing. I think we are all happy to not be driving, and just to take time to chill for a while. :)
That was the first week guys!

No comments: