Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Banana Chocolate Oatmeal



I realize that I am not the cooking genius that my sister is, but I thoroughly enjoy eating this for breakfast often... like almost every morning often, so I thought I'd share the love. Banana chocolate love.

This bowl is not only good, it is good for you. Apart from the leeettle bit of sugar in the chocolate that I put in here, it is sugar free. And have you ever read up on the health benefits of bananas, chocolate (YES! Chocolate!), and oats? Well, do it. It'll make you enjoy this breakfast even more.

This bowl looks small, but it is very filling and gives me energy that lasts the whole morning without making me feel sluggish. I love oatmeal, used to eat it loaded with brown sugar, but I would dare to say that this recipe tastes even better than the sugar loaded one. I don't miss it, nor do I miss the sugar high and heavy feeling in my stomach afterwards.
Anyway. Ker says that it is annoying when there are to many words before a recipe. So I'll stop now. :)

Banana Chocolate Oatmeal
1/2 cup Large Flake Oats
1/4 cup almond milk
1/3 cup water (I like my oats chewy. If you want softer oats, add more water)
Salt shaker shake of salt
Sprinkle Truvia
1/2 Banana
1 piece of 85% Dark Chocolate

- Place the oats, milk, water, salt, and truvia in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until desired consistency.
- Break chocolate into pieces and add to hot oats, stir to melt.
- Cut up or mash banana and add to oats.
- Enjoy!

Nutritional Facts Per Serving: 272 calories; 8g fat; 46.5g carbs; 7g fiber; 6.9g protein

No comments: